The fuss about BB creams..!!

I gave into all the hype and purchased the BB cream, I went for the Rimmel one in shade medium because I couldn't justify spending over £20 (I think MAC BB creams are priced a little over that) on a cream that I still have my reservations about!! I think I spent £5.00 as it was on special offer but they normally retail at around £10.00.

I wasn't sure if this is a proper foundation or a tinted moisturiser. I don't normally use tinted moisturisers and it doesn't say that your supposed to use this as foundation. I don't like the idea of packing my face with a tinted moisturiser and then using foundation on my skin, anyhow I read the packaging and used this with my beloved make up sponge!
I've factored the BB cream into my weekly make up routine, I like to mix foundations so depending on my mood i'll pick the BB cream. It's a a creamy consistency as it says and glides on easy. I'm not sure it's ideal for people with skin like mine, I have oily, combination skin and scar easily after a break out. These creams aren't buildable like a normal foundation so covering up light scars is hard work with this cream as well. The advantages are that it smells great and is lovely creamy consistency. It leaves you with a dewy look despite it saying that it has matte finish. I do think it leaves you with a subtle sheen almost like a glow which is great during for the summer. I think this would be great to use during the spring/summer. Not sure i'll invest in another once this has finished but that's my personal choice!! This cream is all the rave at the moment but I don't think it's something that will have a permanent home in my make up kit....!!!

Hope you found this helpful, please leave a comment or any questions! Thanks for reading!

Comments

  1. I tried till know 3 Asians BB creams and the Garnier oil free and I can say I am disappointed by the Asian ones...what was supposed to help my skin caused my skin more troubles (breakouts). The Garnier one is ok, but I consider it more like a tinted moisturizer :D

    Good luck with your blog :) I am looking forward for more posts x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only tried the Maybelline BB Cream & I HATED it:( Broke my skin out soooo bad, your skin type sounds similar to mine, so I wouldn't try it out.

    xx
    beauty.maybebabyxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have tried BB creams but there not my go to products TBH-I have the palest skin tone ever possible and find it hard to match colours

    Tanesha x
    www.tanesha-marie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've not tried any BB creams but I really want to try out the urban decay one.

    Sita xx
    http://buttonsapart.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Red Lips...! Yay or Nay? ❤

Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation Review

I heart the Beautyblender ❤