Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation Review

Hello lovelies..! Wow it's been so long since I've blogged, I just never find the time.! I've been buying loads of stuff and trying it out so it's not like I've got nothing to blog about..!! Anyway enough of the moaning. I finally purchased the Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Foundation. I've heard it's all the rage and it was recommended to me especially because I have oily skin. This foundation is also highly regarded by make up artist Lisa Eldridge! It promises to be long wearing and keep shine at bay for hours!! 

My Verdict........... Disappointed!!! This foundation did not cover my blemishes very well and I was disappointed at how much I had to use to try and conceal them. What I did find instead that I had to use a separate concealer on top of marks and scars which I don't do at all with other foundations. The other let down was that it did not make any difference to the shine on my face, I was blotting as per usual!!! On the plus side however this foundation is long wearing because my make up stayed in place for hours and it also has Sun Protection (SPF 10). It comes in a pretty bottle but without a pump so you have to be careful when pouring, it's priced at £27.50. This foundation is of a thick consistency and is very buildable.! The other good thing is that they offer an i-match service which means you get a comprehensive matching service. The assistant I had when matching my shade was lovely and she talked me through the matching  process step by step. It comes in 30 different shades so you are bound to find one that perfectly matches your skin. I was matched to shade 'Tawny' which really suits my skin tone. All in all I won't be re-purchasing this product because of the negatives I've experienced with it. I'd love to hear if you have tried it and what your views are!! Please feel free to leave me a comment..! 

Thanks for reading ❤

Comments

  1. You should try the double wear camouflage foundation, thats what I use, great lasting power and will work well with your oily skin, its a very heavy coverage but looks and feels really light on the skin, I use it to hide my scars and even my tattoos it really is brilliant! Its the same price and my only concern is that there isnt a great shade selection so I usually have to mix it with other foundations to get the right shade, hope that helps x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,

    Thank you so much for your lovely comments!! I've been a really bad blogger because I haven't posted anything further to this..! You've sure given me a kick to though!! Thank you for following. I'm going to do the same and check yours out too!! Thank you ❤

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Red Lips...! Yay or Nay? ❤

I heart the Beautyblender ❤